Criminal Justice Studies
A two-year program for students interested in careers in law enforcement, investigations, security, corrections, courts, law, social work and counseling, or other related fields.
The comprehensive curriculum covers topics such as:
- The Study of Crime
- The Foundations of Law Enforcement
- The Courts
- Emergency and Fire Management
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Legal Aspects and the Law
- Crime Prevention
- Interpersonal Communications
Students participate in mock trials, crime scene investigations, accident investigations, crime scene sketching, budget development, police reports, educational field trips, and community service projects. The curriculum is presented through classroom instruction, computer-based learning, and hands-on related activities and labs. It also includes applied math and English language arts.
Certifications & Endorsements:
- Certified Protection Officer Certification
- NYS 8-hour Pre-assignment Security Guard Certification
- First Aid/CPR and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) per the Red Cross