A two-year program based on the National Automotive Technician Education Foundation (NATEF) model for Maintenance and Light Repair.
The certification track is designed to graduate entry-level technicians with a broad skills set, a solid foundation in electrical/electronics, and a general understanding of all automotive systems. The program offers live work on school-owned vehicles using high-tech equipment. Students benefit from strong relationships with industry partners that results in a wide variety of internships, equipment and vehicle donations. The curriculum also includes Applied Math and English Language Arts.
Heavy use of computers and high-tech equipment increases students' diagnostics and repair skills in the following areas:
- Electrical and electronic systems
- Steering and suspension
- Engine repair
- Engine performance
- Manual drive train and axles
- Automatic transmission/transaxle
- Heating and air conditioning
Certifications & Endorsements:
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Prepared to take the test for NYS Department of Motor Vehicle Inspector Certification